Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 77

Thread: Things are not like they used to be.

  1. #61
    Inactive Member imported_PioneerBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    1,120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    Well IMHO he fixed it so Brad could put up big numbers passing
    Cheering for Twin Springs is like cheering for the Taliban

  2. #62
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    That is a better analysis. Fact is tho: PV is still undefeated in State Finals from the I (6), won one from a variation of the T, and hasn't won shiz since they installed they spread.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  3. #63
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PioneerBlue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well IMHO he fixed it so Brad could put up big numbers passing</div></div>

    BINGO
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  4. #64
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    At the end of last year I posted my opinion that PV was waisting more talent these days than I had ever seen and that the spread needed to go.

    I got lambasted by everyone who posted a reply.

    I don't follow football the way I use to but didn't the team that beat Burton last year basically just line it up and run it at you? Isn't that what Giles does? Isn't that what has allowed Burton to throw effectively? Isn't that how Gate City just sent PV home?

    Talking about the linemen being too small is a bunch of crap. If they aren't good enough or tough enough that could have been solved by hard work in the weight room and on the practice field. Not sure that is happening.....
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  5. #65
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    To say the spread hasn't worked is just not looking at things, we went to the spread in 02, since then GC has beat us 4 times and we've won 6. I'll take 60% over GC from now til the end of time. Against Norton we are 3-3 and this was probably the best run they have ever had. Giles we are 1-1 with each time blowing the other out, if we had the lineman I'd be all for going to the I and other running sets. I agree hard work is needed but if you are the coach and you know how much your kids have worked and they dont show the ability to be able to run out of the I why would you line them up in it?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  6. #66
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    Who says they haven't shown a ability to run the football. We can't possibly know because a real effort hasn't been made to see.

    Look, the spread was the right thing to do one year and one year only. They had good receivers a good QB and no fullback. You work around your talent and that was the right move. It was good coaching.

    It should have been scrapped the next year. It has however since become painfully obvious to most that it is now a case of stubbornness.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  7. #67
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    Here's a question for you guys who follow the game a lot closer than I do today.

    How many teams have won D1 or D2 titles running primarily out of the spread. I know of one. Have there been others?
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  8. #68
    Inactive Member firststrike's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2005
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    Most the double a and tripple a schools are in the spread.william campbell is a spread team and so is manassas park.
    The formation youre team is in is a small part of winning or losing.

  9. #69
    Inactive Member vikescoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2004
    Posts
    841
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    Only lost to Seymour once, by the way....
    "One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula

  10. #70
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Things are not like they used to be.

    I never said anything about Seymour but they lost to them twice. One time we missed a field goal or something, and then we got blown out the next year over at there place.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •